Oral care is crucial to maintaining the health of your smile, but sometimes it’s too late to undo damage, whether caused by a lifetime of eating and drinking or a trauma to the tooth. Either way, restorative dentistry can improve a person’s smile and overall health, by finding the best solution to fix permanent issues that have arisen. One such option is dentures. Thanks to advances in dentistry, modern-day dentures are both more comfortable and natural-looking than their precursors, and here at Keelan Dental we specialize in customized smile restorations, so that our patients are fitted with the most natural, and functional dentures available.
Exploring Your Options
Partial and complete dentures are available, in conjunction with implant dentures. Together these options can be used to create a natural-looking and comfortable smile that maximizes any remaining teeth.
All dentures are custom-fit and designed to match the color of each patient’s gums, so patients can smile, and chew, confidently.
Partial dentures are designed to replace rows of teeth, and are secured to remaining teeth to create stability. With complete dentures, upper dentures are most often held in place by the suction of their fit against the concave roof of the mouth. Lower dentures are often secured with dental implants, to ensure a good, steady fit.
Some patients may even be able to use dental bridges, rather than choosing dentures. At Keelan Dental, we work closely with our patients to ensure we find the solutions right for them.
Did You Know?
- Dentures are often the most affordable option for dealing with missing teeth, though some patients prefer a dental bridge or implants, if those are appropriate options for them.
- Existing denture wearers may, over time, need to replace or adjust their dentures, in order to regain a proper fit.
- Some patients find dental adhesives helpful, but properly fitted dentures often eliminate the need for their use.
- Over-the-counter and prescription medications can affect denture wearers.
- Denture wearers should still see a dentist regularly, to ensure the dentures remain in good repair and fit comfortably, as well as to monitor the health of their gum tissue.
ABOUT YOUR BUTLER, PA, RESTORATIVE DENTIST:
At Keelan Dental we offer patients the comfortable, convenient restorative dental care that everyone needs and deserves. To schedule an initial consultation, or your next dental appointment, call our office in Butler, PA at (724) 285-4153. We proudly welcome patients of all ages from Butler, Cranberry Township, Mars, Pittsburgh, Butler County, and all surrounding communities.